The rule changes for the UMP Late Models for 2017 are cars must weigh a minimum of 2350 lbs with the driver in the car. Tire rule for 2017. Effective July 1 all LM 20’s on all 4 corners with the right rear option of LM 20, 30 or 40. No groove on right rear tire after May 30 and no groove of any tire after July 30.
ATTICA, Ohio – Attica Raceway Park will once again reward the loyal race teams that support “Ohio’s Finest Racing” speedplant with a great point fund and strong weekly payout.
The teams in the Hammer Pallets 410 Sprints will battle for a total point fund of $22,000 in 2017 with the champion taking home $8,000. The Summit Racing Equipment UMP Late Model champion will pocket $5,000 with a total of $15,000 going to the top 10 in points. The champion of the Fremont Fence 305 Sprints will once again collect $3,000 with a total of $10,000 being divided up among the top 10 in points.
“Our weekly purses and season point fund are some of the best in Ohio. We are able to reward our race teams because of the tremendous support we get from our area business partners and of course the fans,” said John Bores, Attica Raceway Park Promoter.
The weekly 410 sprints will pay $3,000 to win while the late models will pay $1,200 to win and the 305 sprints will pay $750 to win. Attica Raceway Park will hand out over $600,000 in A-main prize money in 2017.
The “mulligan” rule will once again be in affect in 2017. If a driver misses one night of competition he/she will receive 75 points one time only providing they did not compete at another race on that night.
“We understand the drivers who support Attica week in and week out also have things come up with their families, businesses and personal lives and we don’t want them to have to make a tough decision and lose out on a possible track championship,” said Rex LeJeune, Operations Director at ARP.
The complete purses and point funds can be found at www.atticaracewaypark.com under the purse tab at the top.
Attica Raceway Park kicks off the 2017 racing season on Friday, March 24 with a rain date if needed of Saturday, March 25. The 410 and 305 sprints and late models will be in action.
For a complete schedule of events and more information about Attica Raceway Park go to www.atticaracewaypark.com, follow the track on Twitter at twitter.com/atticaracewyprk and Facebook at www.facebook.com/atticaracewaypark.
By Brian Liskai: ATTICA, Ohio – There will be bigger events nearly every race night at Attica Raceway Park in 2017. The race teams will be battling in bigger paying events and the fans will be treated to some of the best drivers in the world week in and week out.
“There something unique at just about every night of racing this year. There are big events for the 410 sprints, big events and specials for the late models and bigger purse events for the 305 sprints,” said John Bores, Promoter of Attica Raceway Park.
“None of this would be possible if it weren’t for the continued support of all our great business partners and sponsors and all our fantastic fans who choose to spend their entertainment dollars with us,” added Rex LeJeune, Attica Raceway Park Director of Operations. “We would like to welcome Hammer Pallets as the weekly 410 sprint division sponsor and welcome back Summit Racing Equipment as weekly late model division sponsor and Fremont Fence Company as the weekly 305 sprint division sponsor.”
“We will continue to work hard to put on an entertaining and quick paced show and engage our fans and race teams during each night with our social media and other promotions,” added LeJeune.
The 2017 racing season at “Ohio’s Finest Racing” speedplant will begin Friday, March 24 (rain date of Saturday, March 25) and run through Saturday, Sept. 2. Along the way these are just some of the schedule highlights:
– The 29th Annual Ohio Logistics Brad Doty Classic presented by Racing Optics on Tuesday, July 11 (rain date of Wednesday, July 12) featuring the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series.
– Four appearances of Tony Stewart’s Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series.
– The first will be part of the traditional HD Supply Spring Nationals on Saturday, April. 15. On Friday, April 14, the All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads FAST 410 Sprint Series presented by Ohio Logistics will battle for $5,000 to win.
– The All Stars will be back at Attica on Friday, May 26 and will kick off their 35th Annual Ohio Sprint Speedweek on Friday, June 16.
– The All Stars will once again be a part of the 2nd Annual Dirt Classic Ohio paying $10,000 to win on Saturday, Sept. 2 as part of the traditional Attica Ambush. The Ambush begins Friday, Sept 1 with a $5,000-to-win FAST event and a $5,000 to win American Late Model Series event. Saturday’s Dirt Classic Ohio will feature a unique format that includes two rounds of All Star heat races. Also of note, the winner of the Front Row Challenge to be held at Southern Iowa Speedway in August, will have guaranteed starting position in Saturday’s Dirt Classic Ohio feature.
– Attica will host the All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads FAST Series presented by Ohio Logistics 10 times in 2017 with a pair of $5,000-to-win events (April 14 and Sept. 1)
– Attica will host the “North vs. South” battle between the FAST Series and the Ohio Sprint Car Series (OSCS) on Friday, June 2 and Friday, July 28.
– The Summit Equipment UMP Late Models will take part in a pair of six-race mini series. The Attica Raceway Park-Wayne County Speedway Late Model Challenge will visit ARP on May 12, July 7 and Aug. 18. A new Attica Raceway Park-Oakshade Raceway Challenge Series will take place at ARP on May 5, June 30, and July 21. There will be mini-point funds and increased purses on each of these mini-series nights which calls for the Attica stars to battle for three events each at Wayne County Speedway and Oakshade Raceway.
– The Fremont Fence 305 Sprint Cars will compete in six JLH General Contractor FAST 305 Sprint Series events at Attica Raceway Park including a $1,000-to-win affair on Friday May 19 presented by Gressman Powersports. There is also a $1,000-to-win race on Friday July 21 presented by Griff’s Engines.
– For the first time ever at Attica Raceway Park, the K&L Ready Mix National Racing Alliance Sprint Invaders (NRA) and the Great Lakes Sprint Series (GLSS) will team up for a 360 sprint battle on Friday, May 12.
– Fan appreciation night will be held Friday, June 30 which include $10 general admission for the FAST 410 and 305 sprints and late models along with an open pit time for fans to meet the race teams with hot dogs just a $1 and popcorn only 50 cents.
Fans are also reminded the first three events of the 2017 season have Saturday rain dates along with Saturday of the HD Supply Spring Nationals (Friday, April 21). The Saturday rain dates and the Saturday of the Spring Nationals also have early start times with gates opening at 3 p.m. and racing underway at 6 p.m.
For more information go to www.atticaracewaypark.com and follow Attica Raceway Park on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.